Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gothy Dolls: Chapter One


So this evening as I listen to the sound effects and music of DarkSiders II being played in the next room, I find myself somewhere between Hallowe’en planning and an odd (for anyone else) fascination with dolls. I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge doll person in the traditional sense, but as I come across more and more fabulous artists and see the dark, Victorian and spooky whimsical creations that surpass regular dolls, I find myself entranced by these shady little creatures.

It would simply be rude of me to not share some of my findings. And where do you think I have found them? One of my favourite online shopping addictions: Etsy. The title over each photo links to the item listing on Etsy, and from there, the artist's shop and other wonderful creations. Please take the time to check them out at length.  I hope you enjoy.



Queen of Darkness from Majestic Thorns


Gothic Rag Doll with Her Own Gothic Rag Doll from Tattered Rags





Nabiya Gothic Fairy Doll by Garden of Dolls

Gothic Gypsy by Pearl Moon Arts

Mary Shelley Art Doll by Natasha Morgan

 
Not to worry, there will be many more featured in time. I could sit here all night looking at dolls, but there are so many other wonderful things to share… perhaps next… Jack O’Lantern artwork. Hmmm…
Until next...
Raven


No comments:

Post a Comment