Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Letter to 2011

Dear 2011,
Thank you kindly for reminding me that every loss from 1 January to 31 December meant I had something and someone to hold dear in the first place; sometimes those things and people others have not. Thank you for reminding me that whilst I am going 90 mph to get things done, that at that speed I can still enjoy the wind in my hair and on my face. Thank you for the moments when I came to a complete halt with fatique, a roadblock or a moment of confusion, so that I may notice some small thing that inspired flowing words and a full heart. Thank you deeply for providing the safety of shadows for my dearest, darkest facets, a bit of light for a blossoming idea, and countless new voices to join in the chorus of many others in my life who have given me much to think about, nudged me past my own self-imposed limitations aend annoyed me so thoroughly that I walked 'round them to reach the next goal.
I will mourn your passing in many ways as I look to 2012 as a new beginning and the repository for so many wonderful (and painfully instructive) bits of insight, knowledge and questions.
Vaya con Dios,
R. Sexton
Ruthlessly Verbose Hopeless Romantic, Incurable Sentimentalist and Unapologetic Cynic   

No comments:

Post a Comment