Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays and a Huge Thank You


I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Very Happy Holiday Season. Merry Christmas,  Happy Hanukkah, a Blessed Yule and though a few days late... a Bright and Insightful Solstice. No matter which holiday you celebrate, make it yours, enjoy old traditions and invent a few new ones. And I wish you all the best as we close in on a new year.



As I write this, I look back at 2011 and smile as I ponder the fact that this year did not begin with plans for a Victorian Gothic blog, and as it began to take shape in late May, I still had no idea the reactions and encouragement that would accompany it through its growth. My deepest thanks to you all.

An apology is owed, however, as I was unable to fulfill my original plan for 13 Days of Christmas this month due to family obligations and other occurences, however, the idea has sparked a project I take very seriously and plan to do much more with before the 2012 Holiday Season. The EVGA blog, as always, will continue to grow and I will continue to enjoy hearing your feedback and taking topic cues from the many fabulous conversations that arise from discussions ranging from Victoriana to the charm of haunted old houses and the beauty of old school etiquette to the basics of true self-realization, self-respect and realizing one's shining potential.

I am gleefully returning to searching for Victorian Gothic artists and events to feature on the site, and have considered moving into also featuring music, books and film that epitomize and shed a warm glow or spooky light on our Genre. 2012 promises to be a very busy, very stylish, and very "ooooh" inspiring year, and I feel like a kid in a candy store. I hope you will continue to share the journey with me.

Many, many Blessings to All.
Keep it Spooky and always wear your best top hat and/or lace,

Raven Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment